The Loxford Practice is reaching out to Asian women in the local area to raise awareness and better management of diabetes. We are establishing the Redbridge Asian Women’s Diabetes Support Group, and the first event will take place on Thursday 9 February 2017 from 10.00am – 11.30am at The Loxford Practice. See the poster below, and please complete our short registration form to confirm your attendance.
People from South Asian communities are known to be up to 6 times more likely to have type 2 diabetes than the general population.
Type 2 diabetes is a long term health condition that is characterised by high levels of glucose in the blood. Common symptoms of diabetes include continual tiredness, increased need to go to the toilet to urinate, thirst, blurred vision and dry eyes.
Our free to attend event in association with Ilford & District Diabetes UK, Vision Redbridge and North-East London Pharmaceutical Committee will provide a safe space for Asian women to discuss and tackle the issue of diabetes, and the agenda includes:
- FREE Diabetes Check for registered patients
- Learn how to keep your diabetes in check for 2017
- Take away some key “keep fit” messages and techniques
- Help set the agenda and future dates for the Group
- Refreshments will be provided and interpreter support can be made available.