The Loxford Practice is reaching out to women in the local area to raise awareness and better management of diabetes. The Redbridge Women’s Diabetes Support Group was established in February 2017, and the next group event will take place on Thursday 11 May 2017 from 10.00am – 11.30am at The Loxford Practice. Whilst the group is focused on a part of the community with a significantly high prevalence of diabetes (South Asians), all women in Redbridge are welcome to attend.
In particular, people from South Asian communities are known to be up to 6 times more likely to have type 2 diabetes than the general population.
Type 2 diabetes is a long term health condition that is characterised by high levels of glucose in the blood. Common symptoms of diabetes include continual tiredness, increased need to go to the toilet to urinate, thirst, blurred vision and dry eyes.
Our free to attend event in association with Ilford & District Diabetes UK, Vision Redbridge and North-East London Pharmaceutical Committee will provide a safe space for women to discuss and tackle the issue of diabetes, and the agenda includes:
- FREE Diabetes Check for registered patients
- Learn how to keep your diabetes in check for 2017
- Take away some key “keep fit” messages and techniques
- Help set the agenda and future dates for the Group
- Refreshments will be provided and interpreter support can be made available.
- Open to all women in Redbridge